PROSPECTIVE NCAY REPESENTATIVES
in New Mission Fields
We sincerely appreciate the interest shown by prospective NCAY Representatives in otherwise unopened mission fields and for the work we are doing. It is a privilege to know those who, with purity of heart, what to be life-long Servants in the Kingdom of our Elohim (God).
To become a representative is to effectively sign up to be an unordained, probationary local missionary, evangelist, teacher and organiser of local fellowships. Such a pioneering calling requires, therefore, a very special kind of dedicated person who:
Your background and spiritual maturity are therefore of special interest to us. New converts, solo believers (those not attached, or who have never been attached to a local church or assembly of whatever denomination) and those with no experience serving and participating in congregational life, are almost never suitable material for so responsible a leadership position as that of an NCAY Representative.
- 1. Is born again with an authentic regenerative anointing, on fire for Yah'shua (Jesus);
- 2. Guards the mitzvot (commandments) and obedient to New Covenant Torah; and
- 3. Is passionately committed to the mission of NCAY.
The primary work of evangelising and establishing new congregations is the responsibility of NCAY evangelists and apostles. These are seasoned ministers over the age of 30 (the minimum age for priesthood service) who have actively served as ordinary, accountable members, sub-deacons, deacons, sub-elders and elders over many years. They are therefore proven and well-known by the NCAY leadership. We do not commission strangers.
Most NCAY representatives are therefore tried and tested members of NCAY and of our priesthood organisation, the Chavurat Bekorot. They are loyal, seasoned leaders with a sound knowledge of the Besorah (Gospel) and of NCAY's unique doctrines and mission, and maintain a high and exemplary ethical and moral standard. They are not fresh out of the world or even out of other Christian or Messisanic denominations: they cannot assume that what they have learned in other congregations is adequate for service in NCAY, though all experience is ultimately beneficial.
However, with any new work, it is not always possible to send out NCAY-trained evangelists and apostles from abroad, the main limitation being numbers and resources. Accordingly, we will occasionally appoint, on a limited trial basis, those who have not been raised or nurturned in NCAY congregations. For those coming to us from mission fields remote to any organised congregations of NCAY, the only realistic contact has to come through online social media. This article is principally aimed at such people, who may have contacted us viâ internet, and who want to serve.
B. Important Steps to Be Followed
If you have contacted us viâ the internet, these are the steps you must follow in order to be considered a future pro tem (temporary) Representative while you grow in the emunah (faith):
What, then, are prospective representatives? They are pioneers, men and women or initiative with a heart for people, who love witnessing and discipling, who are true to the Davar (Word), the Bible and study it diligently, and who fully trust in Yah'shua (Jesus) for everything as George Müller did.
- 1. Join our main Discussion Groups. If there is no group for your particular area (e.g. West Africa, South America, South-East Asia, etc.) you need to join the main international Messianic Evangelical Group and actively participate so that you can learn and get known;
- 2. We require, as soon as possible, a very detailed written resumé (summary) of your life, your morality, how, when and where you came to Messiah (Christ) and what your experience has been with other believers and congregations. The more details about your life that you send, including the family you grew up with, your education, work experience and ethics, etc., the better. We will not even consider a short, skimpy report with practically no information in it. If you are, or have been, part of another church or denomination, we require some kind of reference as to your character, conduct and service from your elder, pastor, rabbi or bishop, and somer means of contacting them (address, telephone number, email address). Baptismal and ordination certificates are essential if you have them. These, along with your resumé, should be scanned and emailed to us, or photocopies made and mailed to NCAY headquarters in Sweden. The more references you have from mature believers, the better. In short, we need to get to know you over a decent length of time. Moreover, it is vitally important for us to know why you want to be a part of NCAY and not some other ministry. We expect a clear answer to that question. If you are not sure then you are almost certainly not called to be a part of us. In our experience, most making requests out of the blue, with no previous contact, have little more than a cursory knowledge of what we stand for and require a considerable amount of instruction before they can take the matter to Yahweh for confirmation. We estimate this can take up to three years. It is for you to establish your sincereity, integrity, honour and trustworthiness by being completely transparent with us - it is not for us to extract it from you, and if we feel we have to do the latter, we shall not consider you suitable candidate material. We want to clearly understand your motives for wanting to be a part of us. Understand that it is not easy to become a member of NCAY although it is very easy to leave. We are interested in quality, not quantity;
- 3. Personal initiative counts very highly in NCAY. You must be sufficiently self-disciplined to systematically study in your own time from our website. We can arrange to have the whole website mailed to you on a DVD so that you can work offline so as not incur expensive internet expenses or Internet café charges. You are responsible for obtaining your own computer which need not be expensive as the DVD will work off old second-hand laptops and PCs. Any operating system from Windows XP and above, and a browser, is all you will need. We do not buy computers for our students;
- 4. In our experience, those making requests to be representatives only have a very vague idea indeed of what we at NCAY stand for, and usually assume we are just like any other Protestant-Evangelical or Messianic group. We are not, even if we share many areas of commonality with them. Therefore knowing about our doctrine and practice is vitally important. And this takes time and effort. Without exception, prospective representatives need to commit to a considerable amount of home study so that they become conversant with our very large website. In our experience, most making requests to be representatives have little more than a cursory knowledge of what we stand for and are required therefore to do a lot of personal study before they are even ready to take the matter to Yahweh for personal confirmation that they have actually been called by Him to commit to NCAY - see How Do I Join ME? Advice for Seekers After Truth. We estimate that a proper study can take up to three years. To help prospective representatives and members clearly understand what we stand for, we have prepared a core article which contains numerous topic links where you can get to know about key doctrines in-depth. We not only require that these be studied but be honestly accepted. If you do not struggle with some of them, it is unlikely you are called to this work. This is why your active participation on the Messianic Evangelical discussion network is important so that you can ask questions about difficult topics. If highly experienced and educated potential ministers struggle with some of these materials (as they do) and if it sometimes takes them several years of study to be sure (as it does), then we shall regard with considerable suspicion anyone who simply uncritically accepts our core doctrines in order to be 'accepted' and have their application fast-tracked. That won't happen. We have had considerable experience of prospective representatives and ministers who were not honest about their doubts and struggles and who secretly practiced false teachings. We are here to help you overcome them. Please therefore carefully study the article, Lev's Hot Potatoes, and do not pursue your application any further until you have completed it and all the underlined purple links. Another popular and useful study directory is NCAY Key Teachings which joins well with the Hot Potatoe materials. You have a lot of homework to do!
- 5. If you practice Pentecostal- or Charismatic-type 'tongues', believe in the 'Prosperity' doctrine, think you are a 'prophet', 'apostle' or have some kind of 'anointing' over your life, then this must be fully tested by the NCAY Priesthood before you can ever represent us. We also expect strict sexual morality. If you are living in sin, we are not interested in you. Indeed, we will need to review what your current doctrinal beliefs and practices are so that you can be pointed to correct teachings and, if necessary, undergo counselling and deliverance, owing these days to the infestation of the churches with false spirits everywhere.
- 6. You need to have a regular job to support yourself economically and (if you are married) your family. There are no paid ministers in NCAY, never have been, and never will be. Many come thinking they can make a career out of working for NCAY and that we will be able to financially support them either personally or with a salary. All our ministers have regular jobs and serve the Kingdom in their spare time at their own expense. NCAY does not have funds with which to support NCAY groups. We have, in the past, imitated the ways of other churches soliciting for funds with disastrous results. We now expect our ministers to imitate the faith of George Müller and rely on Yahweh to provide everything as well as follow the biblical tithing law - a third of the tenth for the ministry, a third of the tenth for the poor, and a third of the tenth for the annual festivals. We require you to become acquainted with his inspirational story, The George Müller Movie. This is the biblical way almost never followed by the churches, forces us to walk in the Ruach/Spirit and not rely on the arm-of-flesh. By this means it is easy to determine whether a work is of Yahweh or of man. Therefore NCAY is not a cash-cow or employer. If you start asking people for money, your application will be cancelled.
To learn more about how to start your own study and worship groups, and what it is a future member and leader is aiming for, see the 4-part series, Fellowship and Membership in NCAY. Also see, Discovering Your Place in the Local Assembly, Organisation of the new Covenant Assemblies of Yahweh and An Association of Independent Congregations Seeking Full Membership of NCAY.
May Yahweh go with you as you present to Him a pure servant's heart.
This page was created on 28 October 2017
Updated on 28 October 2017
Copyright © 1987-2017 NCAY - All Rights Reserved