What We Strive to Imitate
The New Testament Church or New Covenant Messianic Community had very clear objectives and doctrines which form a timeless base. The following excerpt from the Constitution of NCCG (1996 Draft Edition) details the main ones:
- 1. The foundation of the New Testament Church (Nessianic Assembly) was the Apostles and Prophets, and Messiah (Christ) was the Cornerstone (1 Pet.2:4-6; Eph.2:20-21; NC&C 84).
- 2. Revelation was its founding principle (Mt.16:17-18; NC&C 357);
- 3. The first principles of salvation were:
- 3.1. Faith/Trusting in Messiah (Heb.11:6; NC&C 152);
- 3.2. Repentance from dead works (Mk.1:14-15);
- 3.3. Laying on of hands for: (i) Healing of the sick (Jas.5:14-16); (ii) Blessing of children (Mk. 10:14-16; NC&C 47); (iii) Ordination to Priesthood Offices (Ac.13:2-3; 1 Pet.2:5); (iv) Confirmation (Chrism) (Ac.8:14-17); (v) Other special blessings;
- 3.4. Resurrection from the dead (Jn.11:25; NC&C 154);
- 3.5. Aeon-long judgment (Mt.25:14-30).
- 3.6. Stewardship was a way of everyday living (1 Pet.4:10; Mt.25:14-30);
- 3.7. Leadership consisted of: Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers (Eph.4:11), Bishops (Phil.1:1), Elders (Ac.14:23), Deacons (Phil.1:1), Deaconesses (Rom.16:1), Prophetesses (Ac.21: 8-9; Lk.2:36), and others;
- 3.8. Spiritual power was demonstrated through: Wisdom, knowledge (NC&C 63), faith, miracles, healing, prophecy, discerning of spirits, tongues (modern foreign languages), interpretation of tongues (1 Cor.12:1-10; NC&C 304; 311), visions and dreams (Ac.2:16-17; NC&C 338), etc.;
- 3.9. Results showed in the fruits of changed lives: Love, joy, peace, gentleness, faith, goodness, long-suffering, meekness, temperance, diligence, virtue, charity, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, knowledge (Gal.5:22; 2 Pet.1:5-7);
- 3.10. The Word of Elohim (God) was its constant guide (Matt.24:35);
- 3.11. Love of Elohim (God) and fellow man was its greatest commandment (2 Pet.1:5-7; NC&C 44; 99).
This page was created on 6 February 1997
Updated on 30 January 2011
Copyright © 1997-2011 NCCG - All Rights Reserved