Month 3:23, Week 4:1 (Rishon/Pesach), Year:Day 5936:082 AM|
7 Sabbaths + Omer Count Day #15
Gregorian Calendar: Tuesday 12 June 2012
Return of the Nefilim
I. Why They Came Before Messiah
Continued in Part 2
For those interested in the nefilim phenomenon, both ancient as well as modern, this is, of course a very well known passage indeed. Unable to reconcile the possibility of malakim or watcher angels cohabiting with humans - because it was not believed that they could either have physicality nor that they would be compatible with humans as supposedly different and therefore incompatible 'species' , the ancient divines (interpreters) insisted that these "sons of Elohim (God)" were believers who lusted after pagan Cainites and Caanites which corrupted their seed.
"Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of Elohim (God) (fallen malakim/angels) saw the daughters of men (humans), that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. And Yahweh said, 'My Ruach (Spirit) shall not strive with (remain in) man forever, for he is indeed (also, shaggam) flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.' There were nefilim (giants, lit. 'fallen ones') on the earth in those days (Noah's days), and also afterward (after the flood as well as before it), when the sons of Elohim (God) came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown (the heroes of myth)" (Gen.6:1-4, NKJV).
Of course, giants are not usually the product of believers marrying unbelievers otherwise unequally yoked marriages would produce a string of six-fingered and six-toed Goliath's, and a big problem for society. Malakim (angels) are called "sons of Elohim (God)" in many places in Scripture (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Ps.29:1; 89:6, Dan.3:25) and this was clearly understood when the Tanakh (Old Testament) was translated into Greek in the Septuaguint (LXX) where they are simply referred to as "angels". In Jude 6 we are told that these malakim (angels) left their divinely appointed habitation or oiketerion, a word that only occurs in this passage and in 2 Corinthians 5:2 where it is used of the "spiritual" or resurrection bodies. In other words, resurrected beings - whether malakim (angels) or humans and compatible with mortal humans. What a thought!
For how long have these fallen malakim (angels) been at work on planet earth? Our English translations tend to somewhat mutilate today's text in verse 3 which otherwise gives a very clear answer to this question. The word "indeed" (or "also" in other translations) is b'shaggam is literally "because that also", being, as pointed out in the Codex Hilleli, the Inf.Kal. of shagag, that is, 'to transgress or go astray'. "Man" here is Adam ('adam). Therefore what this passage can only mean is that Adam himself, "as well as the rest of mankind", had "corrupted his way". In other words, the nefilim go 'way back'.
In Genesis 2:17, Yahweh-Elohim had declared that Adam should die, and here, in Genesis 6, it was made more clear that though he had lived 810 years he should surely die - and that his breath (ruach), or spirit of chayim (life) from Elohim (God), should not forever remain in him. The "120 years" fixes the date - 930-120=810 AM , the BC date being BC 3194 as given.
We are therefore to understand from this that this fallen watcher malak (angel) activity was not merely 120 years before the flood. Long before that time and even before Enoch, this irruption of fallen malakim (angels) had taken place, and was the cause of all the ungodliness against which the prophecy of Enoch was directed in Jude 14, and which ultimately brought on the fulfilment of his prophecy in the Judgment of the World:
By the time of Adam, the human pedigree had been totally corrupted by nefilim blood, leaving only Noah and his family untainted (Gen.6:9), the last remaining Adamites. As a result, this corrupted seed with part fallen malak (angel) genetics had to be destroyed as by its means Satan wished to prevent the coming of the Messianic seed and to thus render Yahweh's Davar (Word) null and void, thus saving himself and averting his own doom.
"Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, 'Behold, Yahweh comes with ten thousands of His qodeshim (set-apart ones/saints), to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him" (Jude 14-15, NKJV).
That is why the nefilim have been here pretty much consistently throughout human history. By occupying Canaan in advance of Abraham's arrival with this corrupt nefilim seed too in order to contest Abraham's pure Adamite seed (Gen.12:6), the destruction of the Messianic line was sought. Later he would attempt to interfere with Abraham's seed through Isaac. This interference strategy was repeated again and again resulting in the epic struggles between Israel and her nefilim-infected neighbours. Here are some of the points where Satan sought to end the Messianic seed:
The irruption of the fallen malakim (angels) or "sons of Elohim (God)" was the first attempt and was directed against the whole human race. When Abraham was called, then he and his seed were attacked. When David was called, then the royal line was assailed. And when the "Seed of the woman" Himself came, then the storm burst upon Him.
- 1. The destruction of the chosen family by famine (Gen.50:20);
- 2. The destruction of the male line in Israel (Ex.1:10,15, etc.; cp. Ex.2:5; Heb.11:22);
- 3. The destruction of the whole nation in Pharaoh's pursuit (Ex.14);
- 4. After David's line was singled out (2 Sam.7), that was the next selected for assault, beginning with the union of Jehoram and Athaliah by Jehosophat, notwithstanding 2 Chr.17:1. Jehoram killed all his brothers (2 Chr.21:4);
- 5. The Arabians slew all his children, except Ahaziah (2 Chr.21:17; 22:1);
- 6. When Ahaziah died, Athaliah killed all the royal seed (2 Chr.22:10). The baby Joah alone was rescued, and for 6 years, the faithfulness of Yahweh's world was at stake (2 Chr.23:3);
- 7. Hezekiah was childless when a double assault was made by the King of Assyria and the King of Terrors (Is.36:1; 38:1). Yahweh's faithfulness was appealed to and relied on (Ps.136);
- 8. In Captivity, Haman was used to attempt the destruction of the whole nation (Est.3:6,12-13; cp. 6:1);
- 9. Joseph's fear was worked on (Mt.1:18-20). Notwithstanding the fact that he was a just man, and kept the Torah, he did not wish to have Mary stoned to death (Dt.24:1); hence Joseph determined to divorce her. But Yahweh intervened;
- 10. Herod sought the young Child's life (Mt.2);
- 11. At the Temptation, Yah'shua (Jesus) was dared to jump of the temple wall;
- 12. At Nazareth again (Lk.4), there was another attempt to cast Him down and destroy Him;
- 13. The two storms on the lake were other attempts;
- 14. At length the cross was reached, and the sepulchre closed, the watch set and the stone sealed. But Yahweh raised Him from the dead. And now He is seated and expecting (Heb.10:12-13), hidden in the House of Elohim (God) on high; and the members of the "one body" are hidden there "in Him" (Col.3:1-3), like another Jehoshaba, and going forth to witness like another Jehoiada (2 Chr.23:3).
As we know, they failed to destroy Yah'shua (Jesus) who arose triumphant as uncorruped Adamite seed. We can understand why the nefilim returned after the flood, but have they been returning since Yah'shua (Jesus)? We will answer that question tomorrow as we look into all the 'UFO abductions' and the other activities of these wicked human-nefilim offspring.
 In fact, malakim (angels) are distinguished from us only by the fact that they possess supernatural powers - in every other respect they are just like us, though for now being only males, like Adam before Eve was taken out of him.
 Anno mundai, Year of the World