Month 1:8, Week 1:7 (Shibi'i/Sukkot), Year:Day 5936:008 AM|
Gregorian Calendar: Friday 30 March 2012
The Messianic Resumé
Reasons to Recommend Yah'shua
Shabbat shalom kol beit Yisrael and welcome to the first sabbath of the New Year!
Curriculum vitae or Resumé
For several years I was the Director of Studies of a small tutotorial college which I established in Oxford, England. Amongst my many responsibilities was hiring teachers to tutor the students I managed to recruit. This meant sifting though lots of curriculum vitae's or resumé's to find out the most suitably qualified tutors that I could.
For those of you who don't know what a curriculum vitae or resumé is, it's a concise summary of all your work skills and experience that you present to potential employers in the hope of persuading them to give you a job. A great deal of care goes into preparing these. They are not self-eulogies or flowery essays but a compilation of facts that can be cjecked up or verified. Indeed at the bottom of every curriculum vitae or resumé is usually a list of references - persons like former employers who can be contacted to find out whether the curriculum vitae or resumé is accurate or not. Obviously honesty ranks as a very high quality for potential employers - you wouldn't want to hire someone who is likely to cheat or deceive you.
Since the curriculum vitae or resumé is so much a part of the modern job market I thought it might be helpful to draw up a curriculum vitae or resumé for Yah'shua (Jesus) with a view to presenting a very concise, accurate and factual summary of who He is, what He has done, and why He would make a wonderful Saviour. What I present now has been inspired by another writer which I have expanded somewhat.
A. Contact Information
1. Name: Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ)
2. Address: Ephesians 1:20 - "[Elohim/God] raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places"
3. Phone: Romans 10:13 - "Whoever calls on the Name of Yahweh shall be saved"
4. Website: The Bible
5. Keywords: Messiah, Christ, Master, Lord, Deliverer, Saviour,Yah'shua, Jesus
My name is Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ). Many call me Master (Lord)! I've sent you my resumé because I'm seeking the top management position in your lev (heart). Please consider my accomplishments as set forth in my resumé.
1. I founded the earth and established the heavens - "Yahweh by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding He established the heavens" (Proverbs 3:19, NKJV);
2. I formed man from the dust of the ground - "Yahweh-Elohim formed man of the dust of the ground" (Genesis 2:7, NKJV);
3. I breathed into man the breath of life - "Yahweh-Elohim... breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being" (Genesis 2:7, NKJV);
4. I redeemed man from the curse or penalty (punishment) for breaking the mitzvot (commandments) of the Torah (Law) - "The Messiah redeemed us from the curse pronounced by the Torah by becoming cursed on our behalf; for the Tanakh (Old Testament) says, 'Everyone who hands from a tree (cross) comes under a curse' (Dt.21:22-23)" (Galatians 3:13, JNT);
5. The blessings of the Abrahamic Covenant come upon your life through Me - "Yah'shua (Jesus) the Messiah did this so that in union with Him the Gentiles might receive the blessing announced to Abraham, so that through trusting and being faithful, we might receive what was promised, namely, the Ruach (Spirit)" (Galatians 3:14, JNT)
D. Occupational Background
1. I've only had one employer - "Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?" (Luke 2:49, NKJV).
2. I've never been tardy, absent, disobedient, slothful or disrespectful
3. My employer has nothing but wonderful things to say about Me - "But Yah'shua (Jesus) answered and said to [John the Baptist], 'Permit it to be so now [that I be baptised], for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.' Then he allowed Him. When He had been baptised, Yah'shua (Jesus) came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Ruach Elohim (Spirit of God) descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, 'This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased'" (Matthew 3:15-17, NKJV)
E. Skills & Work Experience
Some of my skills and work experiences include:
1. Empowering the poor to be poor no more;
2. Healing the brokenhearted;
3. Setting the captives free;
4. Healing the sick;
5. Restoring sight to the blind;
6. Setting at liberty them that are bruised - "The Ruach Elohim (Spirit of God) is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed" (Luke 4:18, NKJV);
7. I am a Wonderful Counselor "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty Elohim (God), Everlasting Father, Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace)" (Isaiah 9:6, NKJV);
8. People who listen to Me shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil - "Whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:33, NKJV);
9. Most importantly, I have the toqef (authority), ability and power to cleanse you of your sins - "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the emet (truth) is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:7-9, NKJV).
F. Educational Background
1. I encompass the entire breadth and length of knowledge, wisdom and understanding - "For Yahweh gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding" (Proverbs 2:6, NKJV);
2. In Me are hid all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge - "...the knowledge of the mystery of Elohim (God), both of the Father and of Messiah, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:2-3, NKJV);
3. My Davar (Word) is so powerful that it has been described as being a lamp unto your feet and a light on your path - "Your davar (word) is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalms 119:105, NKJV);
4. I can even tell you all of the secrets of your lev (heart) - "Would not Elohim (God) search this out? For He knows the secrets of the lev (heart)" (Psalms 44:21, NKJV
G. Major Accomplishments
1. I was an active participant in the greatest Summit Meeting of all times - "Then Elohim (God) said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth'" (Genesis 1:26, NKJV);
2. I laid down my life so that you may live - "He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:15, NKJV);
3. I defeated the arch enemies of Yahweh and mankind and made a show of them openly - "Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it" (Colossians 2:15, NKJV);
4. I've miraculously fed the poor, healed the sick and raised the dead!
There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here. You can read them on my website, which is located at: www.TheBible.Yah You don't need an Internet connection or computer to access my website.
Believers and followers worldwide will testify to my divine healing, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration and supernatural guidance.
Now that you've read my resumé, I'm confident that I'm the only candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your lev (heart). In summation, I promise that:
1. I will properly direct your paths - "Trust in Yahweh with all your lev (heart), and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV);
2. I will lead you into everlasting chayim (life) - "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting chayim (life)" (John 6:47, NKJV).
When can I start? Time is of the essence! - "Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your levim (hearts) as in the rebellion" (Hebrews 3:15, NKJV).