Month 5:23, Week 4:1 (Rishon/Pesach), Year 5935:137 AM|
Gregorian Calendar: Monday 22 August 2011
Seven Things You Can Be Certain Of
It is not uncommon for believers to doubt their salvation at some time in their lives especially when things have gone badly wrong or when they cannot feel a closeness with Yahweh any longer. As far as the latter is concerned, recall that in the case of King Hezekiah that he was being tested because of a sin in his heart. Additionally, we go through an identity crisis at least three times in our life as we wonder who we really are and why we are here on earth. These crises often assail us when we are:
"You are all sons of Elohim (God) through emunah (faith, trusting) in Messiah Yah'shua (Christ Jesus)" (Gal.3:26, NKJV).
Provided you are trusting in Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ), repenting and striving to be obedient to what you know, there are seven important things you can be sure of:
- 1. Teenagers trying to fit into a circle of friends who may, more than likely, not be believers;
- 2. Middle-aged as we look in disappointment at our many failures for not achieving what we set out initially to do, and;
- 3. On our last legs as old people and wonder what we have become as a result of a lifetime of living - because what we are when we die is what we are when we enter heaven.
We may not be perfect and we may have tons of issues to work out still, but provided we are trusting in Yah'shua (Jesus) and doing what we can based on what Yahweh has witnessed or revealed to us, we can claim all of these promises as our own and know who we really are. When we know we are identified with Messiah we will have no identity crisis at all! Rather pity those who do not know Yah'shua (Jesus), who are not trusting in Him and who are not obeying Him...
- 1. We are forgiven (Ac.10:43);
- 2. We are reconciled to Yahweh (2 Cor.5:18-19);
- 3. We are new creations in Messiah (2 Cor.5:17);
- 4. We are joint heirs with Messiah (Rom.8:16-17);
- 5. We are Yahweh's adopted children (Gal.4:4-7);
- 6. We are Yahweh's witnesses and ambassadors; (Mt.28:19-20; 2 Cor.5:20); and
- 7. We are destined to be like Yahweh's Son (Rom.8:29).
 J. David Branon, Who are You? in Our Daily Bread (RBC Ministries, Grand Rapids, Michigan: March-May 2000), May 31