25 March 2011 (Sheshi/Kippur)|
Day #374, 5934 AM
A False Marriage Doctrine Exposed
Colonel Gadaffi, the beleagered Libyan leader and sponsor of terrorism, once said that Muslims did not need to wage a war of terror to conquer Europe - rather, by a combination of immigration and having vast families, Muslims in Europe would eventually outnumber non-Muslims and take over by shere numbers. They would turn Europe into a Muslim Caliphate through the election box. He was probably right - some European countries may well be Muslim within the next two or three decades.
It therefore grieves me to read that a prominent messianic leader is now calling his people to stop the Muslim tide by beating the Muslims at their own game - by creating huge families too. And he has been pressurising the women in his ministry to let their husbands take on extra wives to accomplish that.
Many things trouble me about this man and his thinking, a man whose demise Yahweh has already revealed to me in a vision if he does not repent:
When Yah'shua (Jesus) returns the earth will be substantially depopulated and we are told in Isaiah 4 that the old patriarchal ways will naturally and spontaneously come into their own again without the need of any men preaching it - the women will want it for themselves and for a whole set of different reasons than population increase - that will take care of itself without anyone whipping men and women into having guilt-trips for not making enough babies. We do not need to out-multiply the Muslims or anyone else ... assuming we even could (which we obviously can't). All we need to do is out-preach them by getting the Word of Truth to them and to the whole world, to the few who will receive it.
- Firstly, his maths is up the spout. How does he expect to reverse the Muslim tide when there are millions of Muslims and only a few hundred at most in his group? Even he admits the second coming is not far off;
- Secondly, the earth is already pretty full. Adam was told to "replenish" it because it was empty (Gen.1:28) and Noah was told to "replenish" it because it had been emptied by the Great Flood (Gen.9:1). And Israel multiplied prodigiously in the wilderness in order to be large enough to populate the Promised Land upon arrival. Today the earth is overflowing with people - we hardly need a new tidal wave of babies;
- Thirdly, Scripture teaches that when Yah'shua returns there will only be a tiny remnant of survivors because people will be as unbelieving and rebellious as they were in Noah's day before the Flood when only eight survived - the 'vast numbers' brigade will be too busy with 'vast numbers' instead of the Gospel;
- Fourthly, Christian/Messianic marriage is not Islamic marriage - raising a godly seed is certainly important and mandated upon us but quality must always come before quantity - a cupfull of godly children is better than a barrel of brats;
- Fifthly, Christian/Messianic marriage is never by compulsion or pressure of any kind - if it is, it isn't marriage in Messiah but something else that is quite frightening - not all godly men even want to live this way;
- Fifthly, this man recently emailed me to apologise, admitting he had been wrong about the end-time scope of this doctrine and that I had been right all along - when someone says one thing in private and another in public, you have to wonder at his agenda;
- Sixthy, Paul advises believers not to marry during times of violent persecution as this is no time to raise a family (1 Cor.7) - we are quite clearly getting closer and closer to the time when the expected Great Tribulation will put us in the same situation as believers in his day ... and that time has already come in some countries; and
- Seventhly, this generation is simply far too dysfunctional and immature because of social engineering and immorality to be able to do what Abraham, David and others did - not until the great spiritual burning of mankind caused by tribulation will he learn to grow up enough to be able to receive the meatier doctrines of the kingdom - with monogamous marriages having a less than 50% success rate today, with 80% of partners cheating on one another, is is quite clear that believers have enough on their plates getting the basics right without pressing them to do what Yahweh has not necessarily commanded.
So watch out for the polygamy-pushers and snake-oil merchants - the doctrine is not itself wrong or sinful but it is most certainly not generally for this generation of idolaters. We need to be content with whom Yahweh has given us and let Him manage the rest.