Preparing Body and Home for Yahweh
by Deborah Peterson
In those seasons when the Ruach (Spirit) leads us to focus on cleansing, we find Elohim (God) wanting to address all aspects of our being, and are reminded that the inner and outer aspects of our beings and lives are inextricably connected. What's going on inside us find expression in our actions and in our environment around us, and in turn, these outer elements also influence how we think and feel. Some people, influenced by the Gnostic mindset, believe that 'outer things don't matter to Elohim'. Elohim created and cares deeply about both the inner and the outer. As we touch and address outer issues in obedience to the Ruach, that the inner issues that give rise to them are also often revealed and can begin to also be resolved.
Cleansing is an intensely personal experience that needs to be lead by the Ruach.
Below is a list of suggestions of 'outer cleansing' items to consider. This is not a list of mandates, but a list to spark prayer and conversation with Elohim. As you prayerfully read through this, you may feel drawn or convicted to begin putting certain suggestions into practice. As you move forward, be sensitive to the Ruach, especially as She shows you deeper roots that need to be addressed, and start taking the steps to make your life more pleasing to Elohim.
Do a deep clean of your house / office / workspace, breaking it into smaller projects / goals and doing it over the course of the time period
Yahweh is an Elohim of order and beauty, and we are meant to do everything to Yah's glory. A messy outer environment doesn't honour nor reflect Father Yah. Also, our inner state effects our outer environment, and vice versa. Taking time to clean up can make a big difference to our state of mind and sensitivity to the Ruach.
Remove toxic chemicals / cleansing products from your home, and take time to research healthier options
Toxic substances damage the body. We need to take responsibility to take care of the Temple of the Ruach and to replace items that damage and defile it with healthier options.
Start removing products and habits that damage the environment. Begin considering what proactive steps (however small) you can take to help heal the environment around you.
The second commandment Elohim gave mankind before the fall was to be stewards of the earth - to care for it and tend it, in reflection of His own nature, to His glory. After the fall, mankind began neglecting and abusing the earth. Elohim's commandment to us to care and be stewards of the earth (and to take responsibility for whatever part we can impact) has never changed or been removed.
- Take time to sort through your stuff - throw away junk and garbage, donate extra or unneeded items.
- Do you find yourself clinging to some material things because of old emotional bonds from the past that need to be addressed?
- Are you collecting material things as a way of comforting yourself, when you should be turning to Yahweh?
- Is your collecting or hoarding things in part because you don't trust Yahweh to provide?
Take time to pray about and remove contact items that can give the enemy rights to operate in your life.
We suggest reviewing the Spiritual House cleaning video that goes more in detail about contact items.
Also consider more personal ones, especially connecting to ungodly soul ties, like gifts or letters from ex-lovers or ungodly relationships.
- Begin taking steps to quit harmful substance you have been using (and get help where needed.)
Some examples include:
- Take time to reflect honestly about your diet and the role it plays in your life - not only physically, but also emotionally / mentally / spiritually in your life.
- Do you eat for comfort when you are lonely or sad or upset, instead of turning to Yah?
- Do you overeat?
- Do you avoid eating because of insecurity over your body and wrestling with trying to be acceptable?
- Is your food choices based more on what gives you pleasure (whether from flavour or a feeling) than what will build your Temple and Honour Yah? Are you avoiding certain foods (even though you know they will help your body) for the same reasons?
- Is losing weight (and your appearance) an idol and obsession to you? Does this fixation drive your food choices more than honouring Yah?
- Start taking basic steps to improve your diet. Some possible steps include:
- Cut out junk food and crash diets. Begin eating more real, whole foods like Yahweh intended (take the time begin learning how to cook, if needed).
- If you aren't doing so already, begin eating kosher and cut out unclean foods.
- Cut out excess sweets, soda and sugar
- Cut out artificial sweeteners and foods filled with lots of food additives and preservatives. Avoid frakenfoods and stick with Father Yah's design!
- If needed, revise your portion sizes
- Start incorporating more fruits and vegetables
- Drink more clean water
- Consider adding some supplements that can help support your liver in healing and detoxing. Dandelion and Milk Thistle are two excellent herbs to start with. (Do some extra research as needed)
- Consider doing a parasite cleanse - both your family and your animals.
- Have you been exercising as you should? If not, start! (Even if you start slow) If you have been over training / exercising, take a break and give your body a chance to heal and rebuild.
- Start making a point to get the sleep and rest you need. Go to bed at a sensible hour. A lot of our cleansing and healing happens when we get the rest we need. If you are overworked, try to get some time off work to rest (and possibly some people to help you carry the load).
Stop any sexual sin you may be involved with. Immediately.
Scripture says clearly that sexual sin is unique in its ability to defile and destroy the body. Sexual sin can open major doors for demonic to operate in your life.
- If you are married, discuss and pray with your spouse about pausing sexual intimacy for a time, and spend that time seeking Yah together. Be sensitive to the Ruach and timing. Take the time together to seek Yah for healing and balance in your relationship, that sex not be an idol (and simply carnal), and that Yah truly be your first priority.
Fasts can play a huge role both in healing the body and also in making us aware of patterns and cravings we have been slave to and seeking comfort in. Fasts can also play an important role in breaking addictions. Fasting combined with sincere prayer and surrender has powerful spiritual implications.
Fasting can take different forms, and not all fasts may be appropriate for everyone. Take some time in prayer, and speak to a physician where appropriate.
Some examples of fasts to consider include:
Excess sugar is very damaging to our bodies and since it stimulates the same areas of the brain as cocaine, it is highly addictive. A huge number of diseases are triggered or worsened through excess sugar consumption. Take the time to remove all sugar from your diet for the duration of the fast - sweets, chocolates, cookies / biscuits, cakes, fizzy drinks / soda, juice, sweeteners, honey, fruits
Liquid fast (sometimes called a Soup or Juice Fast)
Abstain from all solid foods, drink only soups and juices.
Only drink water during fast. No eating for the duration of fast.
Scripture warns us to protect our hearts, and that we are transformed by the renewing of our minds. The media we consume plays a big role in influencing our thoughts (sometimes without us even realising it). Take some time to prayerfully consider what media you have been consuming, and what Father Yah wants you to cut out of your life. Is the media violent? Does it encourage or glorify sexual sin? Does it exalt crass humour and belittling others? Does it belittle what Scripture says is true? Does it encourage discontentment and ungodly thoughts in you? Does it consume your time and focus?
Some media areas to consider include:
- TV Shows
- Books & Graphic Novels (especially occult / vampire / fantasy fiction and 'romantic' / erotic novels for women)
- Websites / Blogs
As the Ruach leads, fast from secular media and spend that time with Elohim instead. Instead of secular music, take time to listen to worship music. Instead of a movie, take time to watch a sermon or pray. Spend some time in Scripture, or serving someone else.
Some forms of media to consider include:
- TV Shows
- Books & Graphic Novels
- Websites / Blogs
Social Media fast - fasting for a time from Social Media and / or your phone
If you find yourself addicted to Social Media or having trouble giving during the Social Media Fast, spend some time in praying about the reason. Are you looking for attention or acknowledgment through it? Is your flesh drawn to gossip? Is it a way of dealing with loneliness?
Begin taking steps to get out of debt
Debt entangles and enslaves, and gives critical control and influence to others. Yah wants His people free, and with Him as their only master. Begin taking the steps to get rid of debt, and take some time with Yahweh to dig into why you may have got into debt in the first place (like if you have shopping addictions, are living beyond your means, or been spending money you don't have out of pride or insecurity)
Keep a log of how / where you are spending money for that period, and review at the end.
How we spend our money can reveal a lot of were of focus (and possibly idols) are. Yah'shua said this Himself when He told us that we cannot serve both Yah and Mammon (money). Sometimes we don't even realise that we are spending a lot of money (and focus) on certain things until we keep a log and reflect. Where are you spending your money? Where are large, unwise expenses? What are the 'small', repeated expenses that add up? What are some habits or addictions that surface when you reflect on your spending? How much are you giving to Yah of your own free?
After reflecting on your spending, spend some time in prayer about items you need to cut out and what Father Yah wants you to do with that money. Does He want you to use it towards paying off debt? Does He want you to give it to others? Does He want you to save it or use it towards preparedness supplies for your family? When doing this, be careful to sincerely seek Yah and not simply do what comes naturally to your flesh. Some people's flesh more naturally want to save (instead of trusting Yah) or spend (to fulfil its cravings) or even give (to be praised by men). Make sure that you are sincerely seeking to do Yah's will.
Take time to reflect on how you have been tithing, and if you haven't been, begin taking the first steps by tithing to the place the Ruach leads you to.
Scripture tells us that denying Yah His tithes is to rob Him, and Scripture points out in multiple places that curses befall those who will do so. It is also very much a trust issue - will you trust Father Yah to open the doors to make ends meet if you give Him the tithe He requires first and work wisely with the rest?
In some cases, financial breakthroughs will not come until a person repents and begins giving Father Yah the tithes He requires.
- Take time to pray where Father Yah wants you to give more of your own free will (not the same as tithing), both financially and in terms of service.
Comments from Readers
 "Very good points, a lot in line with our own thinking and doing" (SP, Ireland, 17 March 2015)
This page was created on 17 March 2015
Last updated on 17 March 2015
Copyright © 2015 NCCG
- All Rights Reserved