THE NEW COVENANT MESSIANIC EVANGELICAL CREED
The Apostles' Creed
The New Covenant Assemblies of Yahweh (NCAY) have only one formal Creed, the Apostles' Creed which is common to all Christendom. The core teaching of NCAY is that Christianity is a faith-based on a relationship with Elohim (God) as a Person. That faith involves a personal committment to Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ). Coming to faith begins with Yahweh's initiative -- He steps in to make men and women right with Himself. Messianic Evangelicals (New Covenant Christians) believe that as perfect Elohim (God) and perfect man, Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ) is the link that brings Elohim (God) and people together (1 Tim.3:16; Phil.2:5-11; Jn.14:6). This core doctrine is amplified further in the Apostles' Creed which also forms a part of the Messianic Evangelical/New Covenant Liturgy which states:
- 1. We believe in Yahweh-Elohim, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth .
- 2. We believe in Yah'shua the Messiah (Jesus Christ), His Only Begotten Son, our Master .
- 3. He was conceived by the power of the Ruach haQodesh (Holy Spirit) and born of the Virgin Mary .
- 4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried .
- 5. He descended to the dead .
- 6. On the third day He rose again .
- 7. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of Elohim (God) the Father Almighty .
- 8. He will come again to judge the living and the dead .
- 9. We believe in the Ruach haQodesh (Holy Spirit) ,
- 10. the universal Body of Messiah ,
- 11. the communion of the qodeshim (saints, set-apart ones) ,
- 12. the forgiveness of sins ,
- 13. the resurrection of the body ,
- 14. and the life everlasting . Amen.
- 1. Eph.4:6; 1 Cor.8:6; Ps.86:10; 145:3; Rev.1:8; Heb.11:3; Gen.1:1-3; Neh.9:6; Ac.17:24-26
- 2. 2 Pet.1:16-18; Jn.10:30,36-38; Col.1:15,17-19; 2:3,9; 1 Cor.8:6
- 3. Mt.1:18-25; Lk.2:8-11
- 4. Lk.23:13-25,32-34,44-46; Mt.27:57-60; 1 Cor.15:3-4; Is.53:4-8
- 5. Mt.12:38-40; Ac.2:22-28; 1 Pet.3:18-19
- 6. Mt.27:62-66; Lk.24:44-47; Rom.1:2-4; 1 Cor.15:12-14,19-20
- 7. Jn.20:17; Lk.24:49-51; Heb.1:1-3; 9:24; 10:12-13; 12:2; NC&C 361
- 8. Ac.1:10-11; Mt.24:27,36; 25:31-34,41,46; Jn.14:1-3; 1 Thes.4:15-18; 2 Pet.3:10-13
- 9. Jn.14:16-18,7-15; Ac.1:8-9; 1 Cor.6:19-20; Gal.5:22-23,25; Eph.4:30-32
- 10.Eph.1:22-23; Gal.3:26-28; Eph.2:18-22; 1 Cor.12:13-14,27
- 11.Ac.2:42-47; 1 Cor.10:16-17; 1 Jn.1:5-7; Gal.6:2,10
- 12.Mt.26:26-28; 1 Jn.4:9-10; Rom.5:6-10; 1 Jn.1:9; 2:1-2
- 13.Jn.6:39-40,44; 5:28-29; 1 Cor.15:23,42-44,50-54; Phil.3:20-21
- 14.Jn.11:25; 3:14-16; 1 Jn.5:11-13; Jn.10:10; 1 Pet.1:3-5; Rev.21:1,3-4
This page was created on 8 February 1997
Updated on 17 November 2015
Copyright © 1998-2015 NCCG - All Rights Reserved